Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Dear Santa

How bout it Santa? All I want for Christmas is my baby girl home with us.

All we are working on now is eating, she gets really worn out and is very hard to wake up. If we can get her to take all her feedings by mouth, she goes home. 

Also, right after she was born, we thought she might have Down Syndrome and the doctor thought she might too. A test was sent off the day after she was born and it came back positive.  We were pretty sure she did or does but it was nice to get the test back to confirm what we were feeling. We are convinced this will be a wonderful and good thing for our family, challenging at times, but wonderful.

We are so excited to get her home and be able to have our family in one place again and to be able to love on her there and have James and Katelynn know and love her too.

James and Katelynn are excited for Christmas, no presents under the tree yet, we want them to be opened on Christmas. I am excited for Christmas this year because they are going to love it and we won't be rushed at all and can take it easy.


6 comments:

Becky said...

We are praying for you and your family. Please let us know if there is anything we can help you with. How wonderful to have a perfect beautiful little baby for Christmas.

Steve and Katie said...

We are praying that baby Carrie gets to come home for christmas also! LOVE YOU!

emuli said...

What a cute picture of your Christmas present!! We are praying for you, and I hope she finds her appetite. We love you.

Karen said...

I'm so happy you get to be together as a family on Christmas! We are praying for you, and I know that with your optimism and strength you will conquer any challenges that arise. Carrie is lucky to have your family, just as we are lucky to have her.

amber-girl said...

What a little sweetheart!!! I hope your little angel gets to come home soon too! I have had the opportunity to work with people with down syndrome, and can I tell you how much I LOVE them? They are such special spirits, of course they come with challenges, but all kids do. I follow a blog about a couple who had their second daughter, she has down syndrome, and they had no idea until she was born. The mother talks about her journey with coming to terms and acceptance with it, and the wonderful blessing their sweet girl is. I think you would really enjoy this blog too. I have a link on my blog, it's called "Enjoying the small things". We will be thinking of you guys and hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

The Idaho Neumanns said...

Great blog, "enjoying the small things". Congrats on Carrie being home, Merry Christmas!