Friday, April 17, 2009

Yard stuff.....yes its that time of the year!! YAHOOOOO

Square Foot Gardening!
Last year we tried a garden, but didn't have much success except with the potted tomato plants, so this year, we needed to try something different. I've heard about square foot gardens and I researched them a little more and this is what we're going to try this year. I spent a couple days this past week building it and getting it all put together. Amy helped me mix up the steer manure, worm compost, mushroom compost, etc.... What a bonding experience. In a few months, I'll show another picture, but hopefully with luscious beautiful green and fruitful plants.

Another project Amy and I (mostly Amy) worked on while she was visiting this week was getting this bothersome stump out of our back dirt pit(which hopefully will become more than that this year). This hole is the one the stump came out of, Amy filled it with water and it seemed to help it come out easier.

Amy with her trophy stump. YEA AMY!


No comments: