Monday, April 23, 2012

Catch up...sort of..

Here are a few pictures of our Easter this year.  We went to Lava Hot Springs for their Easter celebration.  Grandma Charlotte puts a lot of time and effort into planning it and we have  a great time enjoying all the hard work.  The children always get to decorate hats(okay, James picks out creatures to put on his, we hot glue them and he’s done and I pick out flowers to hot glue on Katelynn and Carrie’s and theirs are done too) and hunt for eggs and eat breakfast and lunch and get prizes.  This year , a lot of family came down so it was a good time.  We spent the Saturday with Grunigs and Sunday with Browns.  It was the first time we sort of split a holiday between our families.  Kind of different.  My mom was in town on Easter Sunday because my sister had a baby!  And so did my sister in law two days later.  It was a crazy time.  So now I have a nephew’s birthday April 2, a niece’s birthday April 4, and mine April 6.  Pretty cool I think.

In other news, we have Carrie on oxygen at night.  At her 4 month checkup, I mentioned that I hear her every once in a while stop breathing and then take a big deep breath at night.  The doctor was already going to send us to an ENT, so I mentioned it at the ENT appointment too and by that night we had a pulse oximeter  to chart her oxygen levels.  The ENT called me back the next day and said that the results were troubling.  Her oxygen levels were dropping often during the night.  Within 10 minutes, I got a call from the ENT, a call from the man who brought the testing stuff over, and her pediatrician.  We had a respiratory therapist over that night showing us our new equipment.  We did another test that night with the oxygen on and it made a HUGE difference.   We have an oxygen pump and oxygen tanks in case the electricity goes out.  She has pretty big tonsils, so they will be taking those out in the next year or so and I hope that helps with the oxygen levels at night.   We’ll be going to a cardiologist next month instead of in August or September just to be make sure nothing else is going on.  And we’re going back to the ENT in about a week.  I am glad for the time we had where we didn’t have extra equipment or worries besides weight gain(which is still a bit of a concern to me).  It was a good time to get used to everything that comes with a new baby.

Katelynn loves Rapunzel(as you know if you watched that video from her birthday).  She likes to brush hair and she is not picky as to what hair she brushes, I mean, her blanket was Rapunzel hair one morning, a kitchen rag got brushed and carried around, anything long and flowy is Rapunzel hair.  In fact, when Carrie’s OT was over the other day, she got her hair brushed and combed. She also loves How to Train Your Dragon and is crazy about it.  She likes being outside a ton too.  I have to watch her a little closer in the front because she still doesn’t believe me that the road can be dangerous.  I will have to write some of her cute stories later when my brain is not shutting down. 

I am LOVING being a mom & wife right now, this time right now is so precious that I wish I could record our days and go back and watch them later.  Sure there are hard days, and I get pretty grumpy some days, but I am loving this time in my life and my family’s lives.







Easter clothes! 




 That is new baby Jonathan and Grandma Brown and Carrie in the chair back there.  What a crazy & great year to get to see my mom twice in less than 4 months!




Did I mention Katelynn LOVES swinging, I think she was on this swing for 10 or 15 minutes.








 And when we were in SLC this past weekend, we got to see my favorite room mate from college and her husband and one of their boys!  It was SO fun to reminisce and catch up, I just wish Georgia wasn’t so far so we could get together more often!
I love it when she lets me fix her hair!



going swimming!



Our "new" van!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Heather you are a great example to all of us, you children are so cute and getting so big. I love to watch them in church as they are so darling.