Thursday, February 17, 2011

cake, aprons, mud, & skirt

This is the finished birthday cake!  It was fun to do-not the easiest cake I've ever made.  Fondant is very different from regular frosting. James LOVED it though. I finished it while he was sleeping and so he woke up to it done and was so excited.  He kept saying, Choo, mommy over and over.  And because he loved it, I'd do it again in a heartbeat.  


I haven't said much about Katelynn.  She will be one in a month.  Weird. But good.  I'm so glad she's in our family.  What a happy girl she is-except when she is tired, being wrestled around by her brother or teething.  She will just sit and laugh sometimes and it's an infectious laugh.  She is getting braver about trying to stand up, is crawling all over and just had her 8th tooth pop through.  She is really good at saying Dad and gets so excited when Trevor comes home.


James really wanted to help with his cake, well he really wanted to eat the powdered sugar.  He went to take a nap shortly after this picture was taken.
We had two little parties for James.  One was with a few friends and they had a great time.  The boys ran around chasing the girls with guns.  He was excited to have so many people over.  There is a video later on of him and his buddies.
He pouts his lip out a little bit when he gets excited.  I think it is darling. And its been pretty consistent since Christmas. He got a fun bubble machine, a few shirts, a teeball set, and some wonderful train stuff.

We worked for a while to get that 3rd finger up.  We're still working on the word 3.

One day this week it got into the 40's-it was SO warm!  James played outside for hours and made mudpies.  I think he even tasted them to make sure they were okay. I've never been so happy to see a muddy wet boy. Hurry spring, hurry!

Remember that part about sewing.  Well, here are a couple things I've sewn this last week.  The skirt is for my little sister Katy and the apron is for my mom's birthday.  I've decided I like to make aprons a lot.  In fact, our JoAnn's is moving locations and selling everything out of the old one and fabric is cheap.  I went and bought a lot of fabric to make aprons and I just might be selling them soon. I finished another apron last night and I'll post another picture of it later.  I read that when you put on a cute apron you feel transformed. Yep I think so.

3 comments:

Jennifer Lyn said...

I love the apron and skirt! Happy birthday James! I love the cake too.

The Idaho Neumanns said...

I love the train cake! Wow! I cannot believe your baby boy is 3! Did you get any purple or khaki fabric at Joanns? I would love to buy one of your aprons, and those are some colors that I really like.

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday, James. We are fully into birthday season! The cake turned out so cute and it's extra fun to see how much James liked it. The apron is darling, too! You are so talented.